HOME, SYNOPSIS, SITE DIRECTORIES AMENDMENT BLOG FORUM GLOSSARY TESTIMONIALS FREE NEWSLETTER CONTACT JOIN PFMPE™

mathematically perfected economy™ (MPE™)    1  :   the singular integral solution of  1) inflation and deflation,  2) systemic manipulation of the cost or value of money or property, and  3) inherent, artificial multiplication of debt into terminal systemic failure;    2  :  every prospective debtor's right to issue legitimate promises to pay, free of extrinsic manipulation, adulteration, or exploitation of those promises, or the natural opportunity to make good on them;    3  :  our right to certify, to enforce, and to monetize industry and commerce by this one sustaining and truly economic process.

MORPHALLAXIS, January 14, 1979.

Mathematically Perfected Economy™ FORUMS, DISCUSSION

Forum rules

Posts must be polite, constructive, and on topic. No unsupported claims, no unqualified assertions. Spam is reported to the offending IP, with loss of posting privileges. You may post links to *related*, constructive material meeting these standards only.

Print view Previous topic | Next topic
 Post subject: Reese Charlie: We should vote all of them out of office
PostPosted: 17 Feb 2010, 2:36 pm 

545 People
Charlie Reese wrote:
February, 13th 2010

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.

Have you ever wondered, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, WHY do we have deficits?

Have you ever wondered, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, WHY do we have inflation and high taxes?

You and I don't propose a federal budget. The president does.

You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does.

You and I don't write the tax code, Congress does.

You and I don't set fiscal policy, Congress does.

You and I don't control monetary policy, the Federal Reserve Bank does.

One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one president, and nine Supreme Court justices equates to 545 human beings out of the 300 million are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.

I excluded the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congress. In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered, but private, central bank.

I excluded all the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason.

They have no legal authority. They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman, or a president to do one cotton-picking thing. I don't care if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash. The politician has the power to accept or reject it. No matter what the lobbyist promises, it is the legislator's responsibility to determine how he votes.

Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.

What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall. No normal human being would have the gall of a Speaker, who stood up and criticized the President for creating deficits...

The president can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it.

The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating and approving appropriations and taxes. Who is the speaker of the House? Nancy Pelosi. She is the leader of the majority party. She and fellow House members, not the president, can approve any budget they want. If the president vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto if they agree to.

It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million can not replace 545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts -- of incompetence and irresponsibility. I can't think of a single domestic problem that is not traceable directly to those 545 people. When you fully grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise the power of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.

If the tax code is unfair, it's because they want it unfair.

If the budget is in the red, it's because they want it in the red.

If the Army & Marines are in IRAQ , it's because they want them in IRAQ.

If they do not receive social security but are on an elite retirement plan not available to the people, it's because they want it that way. There are no insoluble government problems.

Do not let these 545 people shift the blame to bureaucrats, whom they hire and whose jobs they can abolish; to lobbyists, whose gifts and advice they can reject; to regulators, to whom they give the power to regulate and from whom they can take this power. Above all, do not let them con you into the belief that there exists disembodied mystical forces like "the economy," "inflation," or "politics" that prevent them from doing what they take an oath to do.

Those 545 people, and they alone, are responsible.
They, and they alone, have the power.
They, and they alone, should be held accountable by the people who are their bosses.
Provided the voters have the gumption to manage their own employees...
We should vote all of them out of office and clean up their mess!

Charlie Reese is a former columnist of the Orlando Sentinel Newspaper.
source:http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article18568.htm

Comments:
Quote:
Charles Robertson
This should be sent to each of the 545 people and to the Mayors and Heads of County Commissions in every county in the United States of America.
Tuesday, December 22, 2009, 7:51:07 AM
– Flag – Like – Reply – Delete – Edit – Moderate
[This user is an administrator] Gammy Sparkles
This article is so so so so true. It is time the 545 read this and did something about that! Amen amen!
Tuesday, October 27, 2009, 2:13:25 PM
[This user is an administrator] TIREDofRHETORIC
This needs to become viral...the problem of waking people up to this issue is that, once convinced that Congress is the problem, they haven't a clue as to how to evaluate who to vote for, while voting out the bums, or, they think their particular bum is worthy, especailly if they've received some sort of "benefit" from his office. How then to educate the people to spend their time in front of the computer, researching thier likely candidate's history, voting record and political connections. Its hard enough to get a teenager to turn off the tube and read his homework, but to get an adult, that is already overworked and under paid to spend precious time navigating gov. sites to see what his reps are up to and to get someone to translate it without bias is damn near impossible. That's WHY it's 20 % of the people that take an active part in politics. I thought of starting a "government" class for locals, "free", where time is spent simply researching their own fools actions....Opinion columns make sense, but then people get confused when someone elses opinion column presents the other side of the argument. No wonder people would rather bury their heads in the sand. It's by design and has been that way since history began. No reason we can't try to change it...
Tuesday, October 06, 2009, 5:56:44 PM
[This user is an administrator] maah!
We have to try to bring the United States of America back to the ideal it was in the beginning and we have to pray, each one of us as best we know how, because the 545 are not free to act without sanction of a 'higher authority' or God. That is why, even if they get replaced, there is no guarantee that the replacements won't also corrupt. A small thief, when given the opportunity to be a big thief, goes for it. The people at the lowest level also need to stop failing each other-our families, our children, ourselves. It is our criminal mindset of owning and enjoying the property we are born into and die leaving behind, which makes us deserving of our current suffering. A prisoner must suffer his destiny behind bars unless he is offered clemency by the higher authority. So if we want to reform our country, we must also reform ourselves. So the prayer should be for God to save the USA and for Him to help us individually and collectively develop good character. The pledge reads "...One nation, UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all." If we abolish the God part, the liberty and justice for all will elude us and it will be His will. You can't expect to have the kingdom of God without God.
Saturday, September 05, 2009, 8:25:42 PM
[This user is an administrator] Syman Flaherty
Barack Obama - Politician

or

BOP for short.

He will go down in history as the great political compromiser. What a waste of a great opportunity to actually get some good things done.
Saturday, August 29, 2009, 6:30:18 AM
[This user is an administrator] Jill Dutton
While I enjoyed the article from Charlie Reese, I have to ask...
Where is our responsibility?
WE are the 300 million people that elect them and then don't watch them or hold them accountable.
WE are the 300 million people that are uninformed and uneducated on what they are supposed to be doing.
WE are the 300 million people that don't even know what the Constitution says or its fundamental principles to know when they are holding up a bill that is unconstitutional in nature!

The founding framers believed the greatest danger to our political system would be when elected representatives are so completely trusted that the people feel no anxiety or need to watch them.

"Every unconstitutional action has been "justified" because it was for "good cause". Every illegal transfer of power from one department to another has been excused as "necessary". The whole explosion of bureaucratic power in Washington has been the result of "trusting" benign political leaders, most of whom really did have good intentions." (The 5000 Year Leap, Skousen; p 163, 164)

Ultimately, we are to blame for being complacent, distracted, and self-absorbed.
You can change today!

Get Educated: Get the book "The 5000 Year Leap" by Skousen. Read it, study it.
Get Informed: Join a grassroots organization - 9-12 Project or Tea Party, research info, not just an email forward! Then, Inform others.
Take Action: Contact your representatives!

"Let no more be said of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution." -- Thomas Jefferson
Tuesday, August 25, 2009, 8:51:11 AM
[This user is an administrator] David Holt
I agree in principal but there are some things that this article incorrectly eludes too. First if the president vetoes a bill it requires a 2/3 majority vote of both senate and house to overturn not just the house. Second, it is 536 people that make policy and not 545 because the Supreme Court does not get involved in making law. They only act if a law is challenged in the court system and it reaches their level and then only rule on the constitutionality of the law in question. By then the damage is done. As to firing everyone in congress won't help the problem... the fundamental hierarchy of the congress is flawed. It allows one or two people to dictate who gets heard, who sits on what committee and where their offices will be as well as what bills will be brought up for a vote. The ultimate power rests with only three people… the speaker of the house, majority leader of the senate, and the president. You want to fix what’s wrong with congress… reorganize it and remove the power instilled in those two people that control it.
Tuesday, August 25, 2009, 7:04:36 AM
[This user is an administrator] Phyllis Young
We the people have the right to stand up and take back what are rightfully ours, our dignity, and self respect. As a nation this has been lost due to people lack of interest, and unwillingness to get involved, but their ability to blame everything that happens on everyone else. We vote the congress, senate and president in to office. We have seen what they are doing raising the national debt to trillions dollars, making excuses to foreign allies, trying to push through legislation without reading it, and blaming everyone else for the problems instead accepting the responsibility that it is now their job. We as a people united have a choice and we do have choices. Register to vote and vote them out of office, run for office, insist that there are term limits for congress and the senate as well as the Supreme Court. Get involved make a difference because if all you do is complain your legacy to future generation is debt, and social unrest, and loss of our freedom. To pass generation is that you do not care enough and they have fought and died in vain.
Tuesday, August 18, 2009, 10:14:26 AM
[This user is an administrator] Merrilyn Brown
AMEN!!!!!!!!! MR. REESE I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING YOU SAID!! I WILL BE GOING ON MEDICARE NEXT YEAR...IF THERE STILL IS MEDICARE. I AM NOT IN FAVOR OF THE GOVERNMENT - AND ESPECIALLY THIS ONE - BEING IN CHARGE OF MY HUSBANDS, OR MY HEALTH CARE. THE PRESIDENT, CONGRESS, SENATE AND ALL THE GOVERNMENT "EMPLOYEES" SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN ABLE TO WRITE THEIR OWN HEALTH POLICIES. BUT "WE THE PEOPLE" HAVE HAD THE WOOL PULLED OVER OUR EYES FOR A LONG TIME, SADLY ENOUGH. I AM VERY TIRED OF BEING REFERED TO AS . . .A GRASSROOTS, RIGHT WING, CONCERVATIVE!!! I AM IN FACT FROM NEBRASKA WHERE "COMMON SENSE" IS MY GUIDE LINE. I KNOW THAT THOSE IN PUBLIC OFFICE DON'T KNOW THE MEANING OF THOSE 2 WORDS! ESPECIALLY THE family THAT LIVES IN THE WHITE HOUSE.
Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 2:43:10 PM
[This user is an administrator] MARY HEPP
I AGREE WITH MR. REESE. THERE SHOULD BE TIME LIMITS IN REVIEWING MANY OF THE OPEN SENATE AND CONGRESS MEETING ON TV. I HAVE NOTICED MORE AND MORE OF THESE MEN OR WOMEN ARE SO OLD THAT THEY CANNOT EVEN SPEAK IN AN UNDERSTANDING WAY. I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST GETTING OLD BUT THEIR IDEAS ARE STUCK IN THE 18TH CENTURY. I AM A SENIOR BUT LISTENING TO THESE PEOPLE WHO REPRESENT OUR NATION FOR THE PEOPLE SHOULD BE GIVEN A SPECIAL TEST TO SEE IF THEY ARE REALLY CO-HERENT ENOUGH TO PROCEED IN THE POSITION THEY CURRENT HOLD. JUST LIKE THE PRESIDENT AND V.P. ETC. ALL HAVE TERM LIMITS. WHAT MAKES THIS ANY DIFFERENT?
Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 9:25:17 AM
[This user is an administrator] L Schreiber
Charley Reese's article ran March 7, 1995, in the Orlando Sentinel Star newspaper.
Tuesday, July 21, 2009, 6:19:19 AM
[This user is an administrator] Bill Kratzke
536 PEOPLE
By Charlie Reese and Bill Kratzke

Politicians is collectively the one national group of people in the United States who create problems and then campaign against them.

Have you ever wondered, if Politicians are against deficits, WHY do we have deficits?

Have you ever wondered, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, WHY do we have inflation and high taxes?

You and I do not propose a federal budget. The President does.

You and I do not have Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does.

You and I do not write the tax code, Congress does.

You and I do not set fiscal policy, Congress does.

You and I do not control monetary policy, the Federal Reserve Bank does.

100 Senators, 435 Congressmen, 1 President,-- 536 human beings out of the 310 million are directly, legally, morally, individually and collectively responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.

I excluded the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congress. In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered, but private, central bank.

I excluded the Supreme Court because they are appointed by the President and confirmed by Politicians.

I excluded all the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason. They have no legal authority. They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman, or a President to do one cotton-picking thing. I don't care if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash. The politician has the power to accept or reject it. No matter what the lobbyist promises, it is the legislator's responsibility to determine how he votes.

Those 536 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their fault and that they are wonderful. They cooperate in this common deception regardless of party. What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall. No normal human being would have the gall of a Speaker, who stood up and criticized the President for creating deficits. The president can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it.

The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating and approving appropriations and taxes.

Who is the speaker of the House? Nancy Pelosi. She is the leader of the majority party. She and fellow House members, not the President, can approve any budget they want. If the President vetoes it, they can override his veto with a two-thirds vote. The President can also eliminate portions of the bill by line item veto.

It seems inconceivable that a nation of 310 million citizens can not replace 536 people who stand convicted -- by present facts -- of incompetence and irresponsibility. I can't think of a single domestic problem that is not traceable directly to those 536 people. When you fully grasp the simple truth that 536 people exercise the power and control of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what The Politicians want to exist.

If the tax code is unfair, it's because The Politicians want it unfair.

If the budget is in the red, it's because The Politicians want it in the red.

If the Armed Forces are in IRAQ, it’s because The Politicians want them in IRAQ .

If they do not receive Social Security but are on an elite retirement plan not available to the people, it's because The Politicians want it that way.

If they do not receive Private Health Care Insurance but are on an elite Government plan not available to the people, it's because The Politicians want it that way.

There are no insoluble government problems.

Do not let these 536 people shift the blame to bureaucrats, whom The Politicians hire and whose jobs they can abolish; to lobbyists, whose gifts and advice The Politicians can reject; to regulators, to whom The Politicians give the power to regulate and from whom The Politicians can take this power..

Above all, do not let The Politicians con you into the belief that there exists disembodied mystical forces like "the economy," "inflation," or "politics" that prevent them from doing what they take an oath to do.

Those 536 people and they alone, are responsible.

The Politicians and they alone, have the power.

The Politicians and they alone, should be held accountable by the people who are their bosses.

Provided the voters have the gumption to manage their own employees.

We should vote all of The Politicians out of office and clean up their mess!
Wednesday, July 08, 2009, 9:08:49 PM
[This user is an administrator] Guest
The headline was LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO BLAME? CONGRESS IS GOOD PLACE TO START
Tuesday, July 07, 2009, 10:16:56 AM
The date an article on this topic appeared in the Orlando Sentinal was Mar 7, 1995
Tuesday, July 07, 2009, 10:15:52 AM
[This user is an administrator] mark
we have been talking about this for months,my friends and i want to get a "vote out all the existing incumbents" on the next ballot, a single box that you check to do so.
this is the only way to get our representatives to listen to us!!
Tuesday, June 02, 2009, 8:57:23 AM
[This user is an administrator] Dennis Stutes
Okay, I agree...now what?

George Carlin once said..."If you don't like your elected officials, take a look in the mirror!
Sunday, May 17, 2009, 10:27:09 AM
[This user is an administrator] John
Charlie/Charley Reese (published March 7, 1995, and recently circulated in email and on blogs) wrote: "We should vote all of them out of office and clean up their mess! "

As Herculean as it seems, this arduous (and necessary) task of renewal would be simple in comparison to the necessary follow-up task - recruiting, training, organizing, and electing a corps of representatives who would be honest, patriotic, trustworthy, and resistant to corruption - a new Third Party. Then comes the question, with whom should these new candidates agree? Which flavor of "right" and "good government" should they support? Should they be strict-constructionists? Should they come from a particular religious or moral viewpoint, and if so, which one? Should they have military experience? What education should they have? Should each of them have demonstrated their understanding of the difference between policy and operations, between strategy and tactics, and between leadership and micromanagement? Should they have demonstrated their skills in working together to develop a wise decision, and to build a responsible budget to support the decision? Where would we find these untainted but experienced, idealistic statesmen?

It is irresponsible to call for drastic change, until we have built the solution. Previous crises have shown that the US Constitution has framed for us a resilient government that can be changed when enough people build the political will. To accomplish a worthwhile and lasting solution, we need, beginning with renewed civics and leadership training in the public schools, to start building that solution in the next generation of Americans. Anything less strategic and fundamental will merely lead to yet another political and economic debacle, and will create an even worse mess (and 545 more rascals) for the next generation. Change wisely.

Just my $0.02 -

jc

Link to the original article:
http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/orlandosent ... E+TO+START

A contemporary comment in a local Texas paper:
http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=J5 ... 07,1589130

Mr. Reese has an interesting political point of view, as explained in his Wikipedia article at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charley_Reese
Other (prolific) Charley Reese articles, if you have the patience: http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Lo ... reese.html
Sunday, April 12, 2009, 7:02:27 AM
[This user is an administrator] Ken
The timing on this piece is questionable. Is Mr. Reese attacking the Dems and Obama for the sake of the GOP? That is my question. The essay is right on the money. Our elected officials are letting us down. They make and enforce the laws. I do not feel like I make a difference. I don't think a revolution will ever happen. But I do think we should all run for office [see the first post]. A group "run for office" will open up the lines of communications. May scare the hell out of our elected officials. Power to the people. We should all have the same employment benefits as the elected officials. No less! I think the present administartion is doing a better job for the middle class than the Bushies, but, time will tell.
Tuesday, April 07, 2009, 9:03:53 PM
[This user is an administrator] Zanne Booker
They Don't Make Them Like They Used To...But They Could Again

In the now tainted halls of the U.S. Congress are images of some of the greatest lawgivers throughout history. The honored include persons such as Thomas Jefferson, Moses, and Suleyman. Suleyman the Lawgiver lived from 1494-1566 and, as a muslim, was required to follow (and lead) in accordance with Islamic law...therefore he granted freedom of worship to other religious groups/communities, particularly to Christians and Jews. His law code called for penalties for various types of criminal acts and for bureaucratic and financial corruption. He sought to reduce bribes, did not permit imprisonment without a trial, and rejected promotions that were not based on merit. He also introduced the idea of a balanced budget for governments.
I suggest the U.S. Congress take a walking tour of these hallowed halls to gain inspiration and, perhaps, question their own integrity. Many Americans feel like they don't make politicians like they used to, however, miracles happen.

Note: Every intentionally bad or greed driven decision a politician makes is a betrayal of trust...and an act of treason.
Monday, March 23, 2009, 3:05:17 PM
"OK, so that's the 545 monkeys, but who are the organ grinders..."

Why not tell it the way it is:
1. Man’s and woman’s morals have been corrupted by the media.
2. Almost everyone in Congress is a Benedict Arnold.
3. International Bankers are “the organ player” who has corrupted congress.
4. The Federal Reserve was passed in 1913.
The Fed is run by:
The Bank of Rothschild of London
The Bank of Rothschild of the Netherlands
The Bank of Rothschild of Germany
The Bank of Rothschild of Italy
The Lazar Brothers of France
Kuhn Loeb of Germany
Goldman and Sacks
Rockefeller
How can these non Americans do what is right for America?
There is your problem “Mr. and Mrs. America and all the ships at sea.”
Friday, March 13, 2009, 1:29:22 PM
[This user is an administrator] Gary Cartano
DR. Kruger

I called it an embezzlement of funds from the company, the U.S. OF A.
And now we are talking about COUNTERFEITING with "Amero" dollars in order to cover up for the embezzling. This takes us automatically into a "One World Government" which covers up the counterfeiting and retains the wealth that the 545 accumulated while making the transition.
Friday, March 13, 2009, 8:46:20 AM
Carol

9 Supreme Court Judges
plus 1 President
VP's don't count for anything.
Gary
Friday, March 13, 2009, 8:21:32 AM
[This user is an administrator] Dr Bernard M Kruger
When you go to your local banks ( which are becoming fewer by the year) to request a loan, the bank does its due diligence by requesting financial information to protect both parties. That bank official is called a loan officer and in the past it was his fiduciary obligation to protect the institution he was working for to reduce risk. Someone who make a loan without obtaining the appropriate financial information is called a speculator, and that individual certainly deserves the increased risk he assumes. An institution who buys a billions of dollars of debt from a speculator or worse insures it with a " credit default swap" is composed of a group of greedy idiots. What do you call a government that bails out those idiots with printed money it doesn't have?
Thursday, March 12, 2009, 12:57:02 PM
[This user is an administrator] Jon Schuller
OK.First where have all you naysayers been for the past 8 years?Do you have an alternative to representative government - the ONLY form of government that's worked in the history of the civilized world. Would you prefer dictatorship?oligarchy?theocracy?kingship?Chinese Communism?Taliban/AlQueda? America is always broken and we strive to fix it.It's imperfect and that's OK.Have you been to the Middle East, Africa, Asia? Try living there for 6 months.
Why haven't I heard from Mr Reese until Mr Obama and the Democratic Party kicked the elephant's butt in 2008.
Thursday, March 12, 2009, 7:06:51 AM
This is one of the best things I have read on the existing problems with our government. Too bad we didn't have this out to the voters last November, like my sister who is 76 and still says "It's all Bush's fault".

But it is not too late. We need to blanket the internet with this in hopes someone can get this on the National Ballot for a vote by the next 2010 Election. The 545 initiative: Removing all 545 immediately, regardless of their current rank and tenure and replace them with a fresh vote of new representatives. Under a new Party Name. I like Patriot, or Constitutional Party.

No one in the last 2 administrations of Clinton or G.W. Bush and the current crew, will be allowed to run for office for the next 8 years. All 545 are fired. Go home, you have 8 years to think about what you have done to our country. You should have to pay back what you embezzled from the COMPANY, (U.S.A.) but that would be too costly to figure out.

Just get out of Washington,DC now, while we clean up YOUR MESS or you will be charged with your crimes."

Also from now on, there should be an intellegence test to even get on the ballot. Not too tough, say at least 12th grade level. And NO one by-passes the Constitution. EVER.

Escondido, CA.
gcartano@cox.net
Monday, March 02, 2009, 7:36:52 AM
[This user is an administrator] Charles Wood
Charley Reese, your "545 People" should be a must read for freedom loving citizens. I ask myself, "What can American Voters do?"

We need a real solution or America will soon be dissolve internally!

I believe it's time for the American people to call for "Constitutional Convention" under provisions of Article V (five) of our constitution in order to overturn unreasonable government powers.
For the last one-hundred years Congress, our President,and the Supreme court have arbitrally overrulled its citizens. The extraordinary business of intervention of our constitutional intentions and freedom began with passeg of the 16 Amendment, allowing federal levy of the "Income Tax" outside parameters of the 1787 ratified constitution. Today the unbridled spending actions of these 545 People lead us to the brink of total nationsl disaster.
Arbitrary spending programs are aggravated by enactment of social programs passed by congress, signed into law by our Presidents. The past 80 years of congressional action have aall proven to be costly blunders. Welfare programs shuck off personal responsibilty thus endangering the welfare and yes, the security of all our citizens far beyond that placed by the former King of England that lead to the "Declaration of Independence". America has strayed far from original intent of our fiundiung fathers. We no longer have a nation of people "Under-God".

CONSIDER REAL SOLUTIONS:
Inact a balanced budget amendment!
Limit.
Inact "Term in office" for congress and judges.
Eliminate the 16th Amendment allowing personal "Income Tax" levies.
Eliminate The Federal Reserve Bank, which is accountable to no oneis surely anathema!

Privileges, salaries,reimbursments for congressional members have been passed rough-shod over the original intent of the constitution.

MR.Reese Your writing "545 PEOPLE" made me think "PERHAPS IT'S TIME" for the people to act?
Call a "Constitutional Convention". Dismiss and re-elect our congress. Eliminate unecessary laws that deny citizens their "Declaration of Independence".
Saturday, February 28, 2009, 11:29:01 AM
[This user is an administrator] Gregory Olinyk
Charlie Reese hit the nail right on the head. If you want to do something tangible and substantial about our nation's governmental malaise, go to www.daylightforum.org. It's in beta and the voting engine is near completion but the Intro and Orientation pages give us all hope. You might also want to obtain the book that spawned the DayLIghtForum, "ResoNation." All proceeds from the book go to Habitat for Humanity.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009, 9:09:59 AM
[This user is an administrator] dinAlt
What a steaming pile of crap.

The peoples' electoral check against the abuse of power is dead. It has been for a very long time and is never going to be resuscitated by working within the system. The game is rigged.

The people named by Mr. Reese may have the power by law, but they are nonetheless pawns of the ruling elite and in fact have no real power. Their only function is to provide the illusion of legitimacy for the power behind the throne.

Mr. Reese points out that if a politician is offered one-million dollars, he does not have to accept it. While true, this is irrelevant.

All of our 'choices' for election to high office have been carefully screened by the ruling Oligarchy. Through control of the media, they can dictate who is and is not a 'viable' candidate for office. In the rare case where the media fails to produce the desired results, they are not above extralegal means of getting their way. This includes vote fraud, blackmail, and outright assassination. By offering up multiple candidates, which they own, the illusion of choice is maintained.

Should an elected official have a change of heart, this can also be dealt with. The means include: blackmail, character assassination, and direct physical threats against friends and family. When all else fails, a convenient airplane accident or bullet through the head awaits those who bite the hand that feeds them. These people can be torn down as easily as their were built up.

What about the handful of people in high office who buck the system? They are the exception that proves the rule. It's hard to say if these people just slipped through the cracks or are tolerated in order to lend an air of legitimacy, but the fact remains that these people number too few to represent a credible threat an no doubt their number will be kept in check.

If this corrupt system is ever to be changed, the change will not be brought about by those working within the bounds of the system. The means of 'democratic change' offered by the system exist only as a diversionary outlet to consume your time and energy.

Go ahead, go out and have a non-violent protest in the street, get involved in a grass roots political campaign, post a bunch of crap on your blog encouraging others to do the same. When you are done, nothing has changed and why should it? The elite can rest easy now that your political energy has been dissipated in futility. Now get back to work, slave!

The ruling elite do not play by the rules. Why should you?
Sunday, February 15, 2009, 3:23:49 PM
[This user is an administrator] Mike
Its the Jews in the government and business that are screwing (and looting)America, and those GUTLESS GENTILE POLITICIANS that bend to Jewish power.

They all need their heads on a chopping block, and Im confident that the 200 million guns in the USA will be united and pointed in their direction!

Go get 'em guys!
Sunday, February 15, 2009, 1:06:49 PM
[This user is an administrator] JEFF
Tar,feathers and torches,lynchings etc. That is what it is going to take. Every one of them must be held accountable. Blood must be shed in the streets. This is the last chance we get, nobody to come save us. Up to us. Execute all of them, abolish the fed and we start over with our constitution. Then we execute on the spot traitors as China does in order to keep the new electoral in line. This should keep them honest. I will throw the first stone from the front line.....anyone want to meet me there? I can not do it alone, our government is corrupt beyond fixing, must be overthrown. "The tree of liberty is to be refreshed from time to time with the blood of tyrants and dictators"
Sunday, February 15, 2009, 10:41:48 AM
[This user is an administrator] Don Bryant
Great idea and observation, Charlie, but the problem is the American people mesmerised by the theatrics of the liberal media's favourites who appeal to the weak and intractable minds...as we have just witnessed on 5 Nov 08. A Nazi Germany ploy reborn.
Monday, November 10, 2008, 12:20:54 AM
[This user is an administrator] Irvin A. Ebaugh, Jr.,
Great article by Charley Reese!

We can do something to improve our situation by working together to solve our nation's problems.

Please go to http://www.unitedcenterparty.com/ to participate in the solution.

Irvin A. Ebaugh, Jr.
Acting Chair
The United Center Party
Monday, October 27, 2008, 9:34:39 PM
[This user is an administrator] Allen L. Jasson
From Shakespeare's Macbeth:
Son Was my father a traitor, mother?
Lady Macduff Ay, that he was.
Son What is a traitor?
Lady Macduff Why, one that swears and lies.
Son And be all traitors that do so?
Lady Macduff Every one that does so is a traitor, and must be hanged.
Son And must they all be hanged that swear and lie?
Lady Macduff Every one.
Son Who must hang them?
Lady Macduff Why, the honest men.
Son Then the liars and swearers are fools, for there are liars and swearers enow to beat the honest men and hang up them.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! Smile
Saturday, October 25, 2008, 5:46:27 AM
[This user is an administrator] Snoozer
Wrong - it's the judges stupid.

Corruptions first rule is to get to the judges first, those 545 can do nothing at all without the judges on their side.

No one will be prosecuted, jailed, fined, exposed, - the judged have it covered - all of them, without them it would not have been posible to steal a single dime.
Saturday, October 25, 2008, 2:25:04 AM
[This user is an administrator] Flakstopper
Lily.

Tom's hard-drive is down, and it will take another day or two to fix.

FS
Saturday, October 25, 2008, 2:05:14 AM
[This user is an administrator] lily
Henk: I had the same thoughts exactly. Maybe they just took a vacation for a couple of days.
Friday, October 24, 2008, 11:58:52 PM
[This user is an administrator] Henk Ruyssenaars
L.S.!

Like many I wonder about Tom Feeley and his family's security.

It's now passed 08.00 hrs on Saturday morning in western Europe, and I still see the same articles here on ICH, items which normally are changed after 24 hours.

Anybody who knows if anything is wrong?

Friday, October 24, 2008, 11:14:30 PM
[This user is an administrator] EternalOptimist
Ralph Nader is the best choice for America. After him comes Mickey Mouse.
Friday, October 24, 2008, 6:56:33 PM
[This user is an administrator] Mike Hillen
RON PAUL for prez
Friday, October 24, 2008, 6:24:04 PM
[This user is an administrator] Henk Ruyssenaars
The new POTUS-puppet for the 545 people responsible for all of U.S. woes?

Well, you're not going to believe it, but the New York Times, this vile propaganda rag of the monetary and media managers running the US too, declares today - and in an editorial, so people are duly impressed - that the Israel-loving, Barock Obomba is the best man in the race, and that he should be the next US President!

The other of the same duo, McCain, is declared - well, not insane - but something as bad and smelly the cat dragged in. He's written off, and saves maybe his rotten life.

The New York Times Editorial has the title 'Barack Obama for President,' and is interesting in some ways: the NYT - and they really have advocated and falsified everything which is bad for humanity, because they are the warmonger clan's propaganda sewer, now writes concerning the by the Federal Reserve faked 'global economy crisis' that it is: "a financial crisis that was foretold and preventable." There indeed were many who warned, but they were silenced, 'suicided', refused, and never heard of in the mainstream media.

And the NYT is not nice to Bush either: he is a loser, implies the editorial: "The United States is battered and drifting after eight years of President Bush’s failed leadership. He is saddling his successor with two wars, a scarred global image and a government systematically stripped of its ability to protect and help its citizens — whether they are fleeing a hurricane’s floodwaters, searching for affordable health care or struggling to hold on to their homes, jobs, savings and pensions in the midst of a financial crisis that was foretold and preventable.

As tough as the times are, the selection of a new president is easy. After nearly two years of a grueling and ugly campaign, Senator Barack Obama of Illinois has proved that he is the right choice to be the 44th president of the United States.' - [end quote] - The rest - if you can stand it - is here at Url.: http://tinyurl.com/5et52m

It looks like the criminals behind the curtains are going to make Obama the 'fall guy' for everything bad and evil to come, and he just has to play along, as an Uncle Tom #2. The worst and biggest Uncle Tom is the - now Obama supporting - war criminal Colin Powell, the professional liar. But they'll blame Obama for everything, the 'wars' - as the illegal murderous invasions for power and profit of the cartel are called - and the fact that - among many things - also the dollar and the US image has tanked.

Wouldn't it be the best thing to do, to put George Bush on prime time before some kind of Tribunal, and than - after a long time building up a climax, like with "Who shot JR?" - put Bush in front of a firing squad and silence the evil bastard forever?

He would be - like Obama - a perfect scapegoat, with some dispensible minions, shot as well, giving them a 'heart attack' from a spray bottle, or maybe injecting live cancer cells in the bloodstream? - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/7g7nx

The last sentence in this editorial in the NYT is just too nice for Obomba: "This country needs sensible leadership, compassionate leadership, honest leadership and strong leadership. Barack Obama has shown that he has all of those qualities."

It's the Kiss of Death...
Friday, October 24, 2008, 11:56:03 AM
[This user is an administrator] Hide Behind
All this talk of starting anew and fancy calculations by well meaning people reminds me of a time when I helped a search and rescue team find a lost flatlander.

There were these Experts, around ten f them, the federal Foresters leaders, police, and a bunch of flatlanders all excited and clamoring for attention while a few of us red necks watched them making all these gridmarks on a flat map in some of steepest terrain in US.

Everytime one of the planners came up with their bright Ideas, "Well a man will only have to walk downstream to get to civilization and it is only 4 or 5 miles' as they used a ruler to measure, and one of the red necks would speak up and say you can't walk down those streambeds for the rocks waterfalls narrowness of canyon walls and the old brush and windfalls.

then they came up with a more brilliant idea, well lets make a circle where he was last seen. most people walk in circles when lost and fan out within sight of each other and a red neck would pipe up with you can't see each other or keep from bumping into each other off an on, an FN goat has to walk around or up over or down under now and then obstacles if you try that as it is steeper than hell and the guys closest to the bottom of your cirlce will have to walk 5 times faster and farther than the guys on the top.

the Head honcho got pissed after awhile and asked the loudest red neck, "Well then what do you suggest?"

The Red neck said, Well even the dumbest hound he had would either walk up a ridge or down a ridge to get where he wanted to go so put a couple men on each ridge and two on each side and walk them cuz he may of fallen off of the ridge top.

About then a sheriffs deputy came in and said the guy was found in town at the tavern, seems he had walked down a couple of ridges and being as how he was miles from his truck, he did not know where he was at, he just caught a ride into town.

One of the red necks spoke up, "Well Now it seems some of those flatlanders aren't as dumb as some of us thought they were, lets go join him; and we did".

What and the hell does this have to do with an economic meltdown?

You must know your own terrain, your own capabilities, and not get too worried about what others who in actuality cannot help you much as you have only yourself and wits to walk out of the mess we seem to be lost in.

One thing to learn is conservation, of resources and especialy your mental and physical ones and not just go running willy nilly selling and canning furit when eating it gives you hives or trying to live off of elk or dog meat which are tougher than wang leather to chew especially if you have false teeth.

The guy in france does not live in the burbs of US citys or Harlem or New Orleans Parishes so his condition is not yours.

If real hard times hit I have guns but the neighbors will be damned pissed off if I shoot his dog or cat and eat it. If you rent an apartment beg borrow or steal to pay a year in advance on your rent, eliminate any and all monthly bills that are not essential, free up your cash while you can still do so.

Can't afford that SUV, then the next idot who trys to run into you let him and hope he has insurance and rent a vehilce when you ned one or buy a bike or learn to walk.

If your too FN fat then lose weight before you have to lose it.

Being old I have to work like hell to keep up to mexicans or younger men just to stay even.

Stop depending upon others, even your spouse, to support you; and why not if the spouse is no damn good go find a better one.

Can't buy gold, so what, and take a look at what you may already have on hand for beleive it or not you can mail old jewelry with as low as 10K and get paid for it even now.

Sell it and buy a US savings bond for security, not much growth but at least some and will remain secure.

Lots of ways to get by but first take stock of just where you are now, use your moral compass or financial one if you have such, and plan ahead.

Contrary to what most people think that diamond in their ear nose or belly button is worth less than the gold mounting right now.

Here is another lesson I learned from search and rescue; It is that while people who do not know you will all try to act like profesionals with palns for this or that, while your close friends would not just be sitting on ther [bad word]'s listening to other [bad word]'s because they know both of how you would act, familiar with your terrain and be out there already looking for your [bad word].

Just the same as you would do for them if the need arises.
Friday, October 24, 2008, 10:46:32 AM
when you start aknew there are going to be lots of problems, there is no getting away from it. but you will have to endure for the good of your future. people will gripe and people will see only a failed new gov't and there will be people who will fight it but in the end it will work out. look at what happened to other natins who over through their corrupt gov'ts, and how they turned out. it takes time and yes it will be hard, but thats a lot better then being punished for not trying to make things right. because in hte end when you don't do the right thing, not only will you be punished but also your loved ones as well.

hugo chavez knows the difficulty of starting a new nation without the strangle hold of the western powers, but he prevailed and made his nation a better place to live.
Friday, October 24, 2008, 6:52:34 AM
[This user is an administrator] Flakstopper
Liz, abolish finance. - It's no more complicated than that, and you cut the ground from under the sunzas.
Friday, October 24, 2008, 4:30:10 AM
[This user is an administrator] lizbitchwitch
1. Don't make me go through the Ron Paul legislation AGAIN - to shut you ron paul fans up. He is just another one of them....

2. We can not change anything until we start taking responsibility. If we had no hand in getting us where we are, we certainly can have no hand in getting us out of this situation....

3. collective responsibility - dictates that the people are responsible for the crimes committed by their government both on them and others and they will ultimately be the ones who pay for it...one way or another. Besides, it's not just the universal law that dictates this, we have all participated in one way or another whether we see it, admit it, know it or not....

4. Think outside the box.
For example, I saw that a couple hitting hard times, was about to lose their house. Rather then letting the bank take it...they sold raffle tickets for 50 bucks a piece....selling enough to pay off their debts and then some and some lucky gal or guy gets a house for 50 bucks...Keep the sharks out of the game!

Start a community garden or buy from local farmers or people with gardens.

Make a low enough income so that you don't contribute to the war machine or the government agencies existance.

If you work for some slime ball corporation - then [bad word] quit! How hard is that to figure out...get another job or lose some of your prize possessions....quit being a selfish prick and realize that it is you who work for them, you who buy from them and you who sell to them that allow them to exist....

If you can't quit or can't muster up the little courage it takes to walk out on a master who reeks havoc against mankind...well then infiltrate...erase people's bills, extend payment due dates, credit them for everything on the bill...give them direct numbers to people you are not supposed to give out to them...tell them some dirty little secret....Help each other...be loyal to your humanity not your greed and fear and asshole employers.

And Novista
"Meanwhile, which of you signed the petition against the original bailout bill? A million of us did -- and it was presented to the House, scaring the life out of them. So they voted it down. Then the PTB took over, and it was a _fait accompli_ ... such is reality in the face of "of, by and for the people" ...

As you can see, the million of you who did sign the petition wasted your [bad word] time. How long before they bribed a few more with that additional billion or so in pork barrel spending to get it passed? Not long...not long at all...If that is what you call fear.....Then by god you must have an FBI file....on the other hand, to me, you are nothing but another law abiding citizens playing the game within the boundaries they set and they control....they wouldn't give you that option if it actually sacred them....but then again, the fact that you believe that you scared them, scares me!
Friday, October 24, 2008, 2:33:18 AM
[This user is an administrator] Bill Johnson
@ Johnny Come Lately | 10.23.08 - 7:01 am

http://www.gpln.com/takingresponsibility.htm

Times a wastin'
http://www.gpln.com/timesawasting.htm

for more comments go to the source:http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article18568.htm

Profile E-mail